|2005: PhD, Biological Statistics and Computational Biology, Cornell University |
|1999: MS, Applied Mathematics, Claremont Graduate University |
|1996: BS, Mathematics,, University of California, Riverside |
|2014: Distinguished Professor Award, México-USA Academy of Science Foundation|
|2012: Galbraith Award Recipient, Congress of Neurological Surgeons|
|2010: Excellence in Education Award, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center|
|2005: Yerby Postdoctoral Fellowship Award, Harvard School of Public Health|
|2002: Championing Scientific Careers, Los Alamos National Laboratory|
|2001: Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Graduate Fellowship, Cornell University|
- Drazin D, Nuño M, Patil CG, Yan K, Liu JC, Acosta FL Jr. (2016). Emergency room resource utilization by patients with low-back pain. Neurosurgery Spine, 24(5):686-693.
- Harada MY, Hoang DM, Zaw AA, Murry JS, Volod O, Sun BJ, Nuño M, Mason R, Margulies DR, Ley EJ. (2016). Overtreatment of Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia in the Surgical ICU. Crit Care Med, 45(1):28-34.
- Annamalai A, Harada MY, Chen M, Tran T, Ko A, Ley EJ, Nuno M, Klein A, Nissen N, Noureddin M. (2016). Predictors of Mortality in the Critically Ill Cirrhotic Patient: Is the Model for End-Stage Liver Disease Enough? J Am Coll Surg, 224(3):276-282.
- Nuño M, Carico C, Mukherjee D, Ly D, Ortega A, Black KL, Patil CG. (2015). Association between in-hospital adverse events and mortality for patients with brain tumors. Neurosurgery, 123(5):1247-1255.
- Shweikeh F, Al-Khouja L, Nuño M, Johnson JP, Drazin D, Adamo MA. (2015). Disparities in clinical and economic outcomes in children and adolescents following surgery for tethered cord syndrome in the United States. Neurosurgery Pediatrics, 15(4):427-433.
- Nuño M, Pelissier L, Varshneya K, Adamo MA, Drazin D. (2015). Outcomes and factors associated with infant abusive head trauma in the US. Neurosurgery Pediatrics, 16:515-522.
- Dickinson H, Carico C, Nuño M, Mukherjee D, Ortega A, Black KL, Patil CG. (2015). Unplanned readmissions and survival following brain tumor surgery. Neurosurgery, 122(1):61-68.
- Nuño M, Ly D, Ortega A, Sarmiento JM, Mukherjee D, Black KL, Patil CG. (2014). Does 30-day readmission affect long-term outcome among glioblastoma patients? Neurosurgery, 74(2):196-204.
- Nuño M, Ly D, Mukherjee D, Ortega A, Black KL, Patil CG. (2014). Quality of surgical care and readmission in elderly glioblastoma patients. Neuro-Oncology Practice, 1(2):33-39.
- Nuño M, Drazin DG, Acosta FL Jr. (2013). Differences in treatments and outcomes for idiopathic scoliosis patients treated in the United States from 1998 to 2007: impact of socioeconomic variables and ethnicity. Spine, 13(2):116-123.