| Associate Professor, PhD|
Dr. Iosif's personal webpage
|Methods for longitudinal and clustered data, including longitudinal random
length data. Applications of statistics to psychiatry and biomedical sciences. |
|PhD, Statistics, University of Pittsburgh, 2007|
|MA, Statistics, University of Pittsburgh, 2004|
|MA, Applied Statistics and Optimization, University of Bucharest, Romania, 2000|
|EPI-204A: Foundation of Statistical Models, Methods, and Data Analysis for Scientists|
|EPI-203: Quantitative Epidemiology II: Statistical Inference|
|Member, American Statistical Association|
|Member, Institute of Mathematical Statistics|
|Member, International Society for Autism Research|
|Member, Society for Epidemiologic Research|
- Iosif AM, Sampson AR. (2014). A model for repeated clustered data with informative cluster sizes. Statistics in Medicine, 33(5): 738–59.
- Ozonoff S, Young GS, Belding A, Hill A, Hill M, Hutman T, Johnson S, Miller M, Rogers SJ, Schwichtenberg AJ, Steinfeld MB, Iosif AM. (2014). The broader autism phenotype in infancy: When does It emerge? Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 53(4):399–407.e1–2.
- Bauman MD, Iosif AM, Smith SEP, Bregere C, Amaral DG, Patterson PH. (2014). Activation of the maternal immune system during pregnancy alters behavioral development of rhesus monkey offspring. Biological Psychiatry, 75(4):332–41.
- Schwichtenberg AJ, Young GS, Hutman T, Iosif, AM, Sigman M, Rogers SJ, Ozonoff S. (2013). Behavior and Sleep Problems in Children with a Family History of Autism. Autism Research, 6(3):169-76.
- Yellowlees P, Odor A, Iosif AM, Burke Parish M, Nafiz N, Patrice K, Xiong G, McCaron R, Sanchez R, Ochoa E, Hilty D. (2013). Transcultural Psychiatry Made Simple - Asynchronous Telepsychiatry as an Approach to Providing Culturally Relevant Care. Telemedicine and e-Health, 19(4):259-64.
- Zerbo O, Iosif AM, Walker C, Ozonoff S, Hansen RL, Hertz-Picciotto I. (2013). Is Maternal Influenza or Fever During Pregnancy Associated With Autism or Developmental Delays? Results from the CHARGE (CHildhood Autism Risks from Genetics and Environment) Study. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 43:25-33.
- Nordahl CW, Braunschweig D, Iosif AM, Lee A, Rogers S, Ashwood P, Amaral DG, Van de Water J. (2013). Maternal autoantibodies are associated with abnormal brain enlarge-ment in a subgroup of children with autism spectrum disorder. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 30:61-5.
- Kravitz RL, Franks P, Feldman MD, Tancredi DJ, Slee CA, Epstein RM, Duberstein PR, Bell RA, Jackson-Triche M, Paterniti DA, Cipri C, Iosif AM, Olson S, Kelly-Reif S, Hudnut A, Dvorak S, Turner C, Jerant A. (2013). Patient engagement programs for recognition and initial treatment of depression in primary care: A randomized trial. JAMA, 310(17):1818–28.
- Bauman MD, Iosif AM, Ashwood P, Braunschweig D, Lee A, Schumann CM, Van de Water J, Amaral DG. (2013). Maternal antibodies from mothers of children with autism alter brain growth and social behavior development in the rhesus monkey. Translational Psychiatry, 3: e278.
- Xiong GL, Iosif AM, Brooks M, Scott CL, Hilty DM. (2012). Decertification outcomes for bipolar disorder in an inpatient community mental health treatment center: impact on subsequent service use over two years. Community Mental Health Journal, 48(6):761-4.
- He J, Carmichael O, Fletcher E, Singh B, Iosif AM, Martinez O, Reed B, Yonelinas A, DeCarli C. (2012). Influence of functional connectivity and structural MRI measures on episodic memory. Neurobiology of Aging, 33(11):2612-20.
- Anders TF, Iosif AM, Schwichtenberg AJ, Tang K, Goodlin-Jones B. (2012). Sleep and daytime functioning: a short-term longitudinal study of three preschool-age comparison groups. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 117(4):275-90.
- Green CT, Long DL, Green D, Iosif AM, Dixon JF, Miller MR, Fassbender C, Schweitzer JB. (2012). Will working memory training generalize to improve off-task behavior in children with Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder? Neurotherapeutics, 9(3):639-48.
- He J, Wong VSS, Fletcher E, Maillard P, Lee DY, Iosif AM, Singh B, Martinez O, Roach AE, Lockhart SN, Beckett L, Mungas D, Farias ST, Carmichael O, DeCarli C. (2012). The contributions of MRI-based measures of gray matter, white matter hyperintensity, and white matter integrity to late-life cognition. American Journal of Neuroradiology, 33(9):1797-803.
- Yellowlees P, Odor A, Patrice K, Parish MB, Nafiz N, Iosif AM, Hilty D. (2011). Disruptive innovation: the future of healthcare? Telemedicine and e- Health, 17(3):231-4.
- Schwichtenberg AJ, Iosif AM, Goodlin-Jones B, Tang K, Anders TF. (2011). Daytime sleep patterns in preschool children with autism, developmental delay, and typical development. The American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 116(2):142-52.
- Odor A, Yellowlees P, Hilty D, Parish MB, Nafiz N, Iosif AM. (2011). PsychVACS: a system for asynchronous telepsychiatry. Telemedicine and e-Health, 17(4):299-303.
- Anders TF, Iosif AM, Schwichtenberg AJ, Tang K, Liu J, Goodlin-Jones B. (2011). Six-month sleep-wake organization and stability in preschool-age children
with autism, developmental delay, and typical development. Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 9(2):92-106.
- Tseng T, Iosif AM, Seritan AL. (2011). The cost of education: medical student stress during clerkships. Medical Science Educator, 21(4):360-6.
- Zerbo O, Iosif AM, Delwiche L, Walker C, Hertz-Picciotto I. (2011). Month of conception and risk of autism. Epidemiology, 22(4):469-75.
- Tseng T, Iosif AM, Seritan AL. (2011). Stress Effects: A Study of Salivary Cortisol in Third Year Medical Students. Stress Health, 27(5):436-40.
- Parks CM, Iosif AM, Farias S, Reed B, Mungas D, DeCarli C. (2011). Executive function mediates effects of white matter hyperintensities on episodic memory. Neuropsychologia, 49(10):2817-24.
- Ozonoff S, Iosif AM, Young GY, Hepburn S, Thompson MR, Colombi C, Werner E, Goldring S, Baguio F, Rogers SJ. (2011). Onset patterns in autism: correspondence between home video and parent report. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 50(8):796-806.e1.
- Lit L, Schweitzer JB, Iosif AM, Oberbauerd AM. (2010). Owner reports of attention, activity, and impulsivity in dogs: a replication study. Behavioral and Brain Functions, 6(1)
- Xiong GL, Iosif AM, Brook M, Hilty DM. (2010). Predictors of decertification from involuntary hospitalization for patients with bipolar disorder. Psychiatric Services, 61(2):200-3.
- Seritan AL, Iosif AM, Park JH, DeatherageHand D, Sweet RL, Gold EB. (2010). Self-reported anxiety, depressive, and vasomotor symptoms: a study of perimenopausal women presenting to a specialized midlife assessment center. Menopause, 17(2):410-5.
- Seritan AL, Iosif AM, Hyvonen S, Lan MF, Boyum K, Hilty D. (2010). Gender differences in faculty development: a faculty needs survey. Academic Psychiatry, 34(2):136-40.
- Ozonoff S, Iosif AM, Baguio F, Cook IC, Hill MM, Hutman T, Rogers SJ, Rozga A, Sangha S, Sigman M, Steinfeld MB, Young GY. (2010). A prospective study of the emergence of early behavioral signs of autism. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 49(3):256-66.e1-2.
- Yellowlees PM, Odor A, Parish MB, Iosif AM, Haught K, Hilty D. (2010). A feasibility study of the use of asynchronous telepsychiatry for psychiatric consultations. Psychiatric Services, 61(8):838-40.
- He J, Iosif AM, Lee DY, Martinez O, Chu S, Carmichael O, Mortimer JA, Zhao Q, Ding D, Guo Q, Galasko D, Salmon DP, Dai Q, Wu Y, Petersen RC, Hong Z, Borenstein AR, DeCarli C. (2010). Brain structure and cerebrovascular risk in cognitively impaired patients: Shanghai Community Brain Health Initiative-pilot phase. Archives of Neurology, 67(10):1231-7.
- Gane LW, Iosif AM, Venturino M, Flynn-Wilson L, Hagerman RJ, Seritan AL. (2010). Assessment of patient and caregiver needs in fragile X-associated tremor/ataxia syndrome by utilizing Q-sort methodology. Aging & Mental Health, 14(8):1000-7.
- Xiong GL, Iosif AM, McCarron R, Hales RE. (2010). Preventive
medical services use among community mental health patients with
severe mental illness: the influence of gender and insurance coverage. The Primary Care Companion to the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 12(5):pii: PCC.09m00927.
- Romero S, Birmaher B, Axelson D, Goldstein T, Goldstein BI, Gill MK, Iosif AM, Strober MA, Hunt J, Esposito-Smythers C, Ryan ND, Leonard H, Keller M. (2009). Prevalence and correlates of physical and sexual abuse in children and adolescents with bipolar disorder. Journal of Affective Disorders, 112(1-3):144-50.
- Kahn DR, Bourgeois JA, Klein SC, Iosif AM. (2009). A prospective observational study of decisional capacity determinations in an academic medical center. The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine, 39(4):405-15.
- Rofey DL, Kolko RP, Iosif AM, Silk JS, Bost JE, Feng W, Szigethy EM, Noll RB, Ryan ND, Dahl RE. (2009). A longitudinal study of childhood depression
and anxiety in relation to weight gain. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 40(4):517-26.
- Goodlin-Jones B, Schwichtenberg AJ, Iosif AM, Tang K, Liu J, Anders TF. (2009). Six-month persistence of sleep problems in children with autism, developmental delay, and typical development. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 48(8):847-54.
- Romero S, Birmaher B, Axelson DA, Iosif AM, Williamson DE, Gill MK, Goldstein BI, Strober MA, Hunt JI, Goldstein T, Esposito-Smythers C, Iyengar S, Ryan ND, Keller M. (2009). Negative life events in children and adolescents with bipolar disorder. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 70(10):1452-60.
- Romero S, Colom F, Iosif AM, Cruz N, Pacchiarotti I, Sanchez-Moreno J, Vieta E. (2007). Relevance of family history of suicide in the long-term outcome of bipolar disorders. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 68(10):1517-21.
- Bertocci MA, Dahl RE, Williamson DE, Iosif AM, Birmaher B, Axelson D, Ryan ND. (2005). Subject sleep complaints in pediatric depression: a controlled study and comparison with EEG measures of sleep and waking. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 44(11):1158-66.